Health and Safety Policy
Rollem fully appreciates the requirements within the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
It is a policy of Rollem to give the greatest importance to all aspects of health, safety and welfare at work of its employees and any other persons who may be affected by its activities. Every effort is made to ensure compliance with statutory obligations and codes of practice.
It is the duty of all management and employees to prevent all types of accidents and to aid in providing a safe and congenial working environment.
In order to implement the policy, authority is delegated throughout the management structures as shown within the organisation section of this statement.
- Provide and maintain safe and healthy working conditions as required by existing and new legislation.
- Implement a safe system of planned safety training for all employees.
- Establish good and lasting examples of safe operating procedures.
- Provide all necessary safety devices, personal protective equipment and clothing.
- Develop, implement and review regular safety audits and required risk assessments.
- Implement an effective system of joint participation via safety reps and safety meetings.
- Establish a procedure for reporting and investigating all accidents.
- Work safely at all times and adhere to safe operating procedures where established.
- Co-operate with the company in meeting statutory requirements.
- Liaise with management on all aspects of Health and Safety at work.
- Wear protective equipment when provided and utilise all safety devices fitted to plant in order to minimise risk of injury.
- Report all accidents – those involving injury to persons, damage to plant and near misses – to management or a safety representative as soon as possible so that effective preventative action may be taken.
By working together, the company will achieve the aims of this policy, namely to secure health, safety and welfare of all employees of Rollem.